Sparkles of Hope


"Maybe you just have to live for the small things, like being called pretty or someone picking up the pen you dropped or laughing so hard that your stomach hurts. Maybe that's all that really matters at the end of the day." - Tianna Kavanagh 

This week I've been reminded just how tragically beautiful life is. This week has been hard, probably one of the hardest in my life, but  I've been clinging to the little things and the certainty of God to make it though. Sometimes life just hurts, but I can see that it won't always because of the friends in my life and the wonderful little kindnesses they give me. When I look back at college I'm going to remember my best friend bringing me coffee, because she knows it's my comfort food, and my roommate climbing into the top bunk to hold me while I cried. And so many people telling me that they're praying for me. That used to mean very little to me. Oh sure, I appreciated it, but in this moment prayer seems to be the only solution and I have never wanted it more. 
When life gets rough sometimes it's just easier to wallow in sadness and spend all day neglecting homework and watching Gossip Girl and believe me, I did not skip that step, but God has such wonderful plans for us and he makes everything happen for a reason. So I will focus on God and his healing love and let my friends know just how grateful I am for them. 
I hope you're having a good new year :)
-E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A thankful note

Room to Change

In defense of Creativity