Tuna Burgers

I miss cooking so much. This summer I took on the chef role at home and now that I'm back living in the dorm I just don't know what to do with myself. I'm learning to get creative in the dining hall, but there's nothing quite like chopping up your own veggies and stir frying them yourself. 
A while back I made these awesome tuna burgers and I thought I'd share them here. The original recipe is from Can You Stay for Dinner? but I altered it a little and I think they turned out quite well. 
For four burgers you need:

2, 6 oz cans tuna fish, drained and flaked

1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
juice of half a lemon
3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt 
1 egg
4 whole wheat buns


 All you have to do is mix up all the ingredients, form them into four patties, bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees and Ta-daa! You can add lettuce or tomato if you wish, but I like mine with just a little bit of greek yogurt as a condiment. Serve with cucumber slices and it'll be healthiest thing you'll eat all week! 
I hope you're having a great week!
-Elyse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A thankful note

Room to Change

In defense of Creativity