Turning the Page

Well, I'm back stateside! It was quite the little adventure trying to make my way home, but I finally made it. I'm happy to be home with all things familiar and a summer of infinite possibilities ahead of me, but I'm a little homesick for Ireland and all the people there.

But let's talk about France.

After I left Ireland I spent six glorious days in France with my family and it was a magical experience.

Paris is the most beautiful city I have ever been in. Everything about it so lovely and quaint. It's a place that titillates the senses. The sounds of the metro, though screeching and murmuring make you feel like you're being pulled into an adventure you never expected. I heard music in the rusty creaks of the underground escalators and the voices of arguing Frenchmen in the streets. Everywhere you turn there are more things to see and the most stimulating smells imaginable. On one corner you sniff the peonies from the florist and on the next your drooling over the scent of fresh bread from the Boulangerie.








Amelie is probably my favorite movie and it was such a joy to recognize places simply because I've memorized them from watching that film countless times. Montmartre was my favorite part of Paris. It has such character and I felt like I'd gone back in time to see and experience things in a way that seem to have never changed. The charm of the cathedral and the view of the city that it boasts made me almost wish that I were Catholic, just so I could walk up those steps every sunday and thank God for this beautiful place.


I could go on for hours about how much I loved France, but I will spare you. I will only say, don't be surprised if you find me living there in a few years.

Now it's time to figure out where to go from here. I've been away for almost four months and now I have to fit into yet another temporary situation while I wait for school to start again. I had an interview yesterday for a summer job, so we'll see how that goes. I'm trying to find useful ways to fill my time at home. You can probably look forward to a few recipes that I'm experimenting with and maybe even a little tour of my favorites parts of Houston. It seems I'm going to have to be resourceful for company this summer since most of my high school friends won't be home for summer, lucky ducks. For now, I'm going to keep myself busy by reading, catching up on New Girl, and just being thankful to be back in a sunny place with people that I've been missing. 
-E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A thankful note

Room to Change

In defense of Creativity