Unlikely Combos






This week I have been listening to a lot of music. A ridiculous amount really. After a four hour lecture, it seems to be the only thing that will keep me sane and prevent me from having to absorb any more information.
My music preference this week had been all over the board. It's had a high country content, which is unusual for me, and there's been quite a bit of Elvis, and a few indie bands that are very much "pacific northwest" feeling. Also, I'm obsessed with the new One Republic album, so that's been in the rotation. It's like I'm caught between the perpetual cold of Ireland and the approaching Texan summer. So here's a playlist that you might like, and if not, I hope it makes you smile because of how ridiculous it is.


Also during these painfully long classes I've been making my summer bucket list. I thought I was going to take an internship in Michigan or Illinois this summer, but I decided that after being gone for so long, I would really like to be home. So beside having to find a job, I also need to find ways to keep myself entertained since most of my friends won't be home. So here are a few of the things I've included on my very long list:

  • Go to the Accordion concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre
  • Dye my hair (again)
  • Memorize a scripture a week
  • Finish reading Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
  • Master the art of baking bread
  • Find a new coffee shop in Houston
  • Learn to drive a stick
  • Get tan
  • Watch fireworks
  • Thrift shop
  • Run a mile a day
  • Go to an Astros game
  • Trespass (can't say where...)
  • Go to a farmers market
  • Buy a goldfish
  • Watch every Tom Hanks movie
  • Perfect sweet tea making skills
  • Acquire Photoshop 
  • Read lots of books
  • Sew a quilt
There's lots more, but we'd be here all day.

This was a perfect activity on this horrible gloomy day. I hope everyone's week is going well!
-E



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A thankful note

Room to Change

In defense of Creativity