Ireland

Well I'm finally in Ireland! We got here yesterday morning, but I was so horribly jet-lagged that there was no blogging to be done. There are thirty other people on this trip with us and I could name half of them I think. This is a picture from a hike we took today. We hiked from Bray to Greystones and apart from being unexpectedly difficult on the way up, it was positively beautiful. I'm meeting loads of lovely people, both Irish and American, and I can't understand how I'm ever possibly going to leave at the end of the semester.
We visited a Presbyterian church this morning and it was very cute. Everyone had tea together afterward and every person I met was fascinating and incredibly friendly. I'm trying to get out of my shell this semester and so far it's going pretty well. Usually I'm fairly shy in new groups of people, but I've managed to have a conversation or two with pretty much everyone on the trip. That's big for me. A year ago, I would've been lucky to talk to more than a few people in a day.
Ireland is so magical thus far and I'm so blessed to be here. I left my actual camera at home, so I'll be relying only on my iPhone for pictures. I can't wait to get settled in and acclimated to everything here. It's going to be an incredible semester.
-E

Comments

  1. I LOVE you and I am so happy/proud of you!!

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A thankful note

Room to Change

In defense of Creativity